Short Term Rental Agreement
SHORT TERM RENTAL AGREEMENT INFORMATION FOR THE WHITEHEAD HOME ST. GEORGE, UTAH
1. CHECK-IN TIME IS AFTER 4 P.M. MST AND CHECK OUT IS 10 A.M. MST. Early Checkins must be approved in advance. Departure: Unless pre-approved by Landlord. It is imperative that
tenants vacate by 10:00 a.m. on the departure date. If tenants continue to occupy the home after 10:00
a.m. on the departure date, landlord may suffer damages such as increased cleaning costs and lost rent from the next scheduled tenant (both currently and in lost future rentals). Landlord’s damages for lost future rental income may not be susceptible to ready calculation. However, landlord and tenant agree that $100 per hour of holdover is a reasonable estimate of actual damages that landlord may suffer for lost future rental income. If tenants fail to vacate the house in a timely manner, they must pay $100.00 per each hour (or portion thereof) that they fail to vacate the home.
2. This is a NON SMOKING property. Any evidence of smoking in the home will result in a
minimum $250 deduction from the security deposit.
3. Pets are not permitted in the home. Any evidence of pets in the home will result in a minimum
$250 deduction from the security deposit.
4. DAMAGE/SECURITY DEPOSIT- If no alternative insurance is in place for guest, a damage/security deposit of $750 is required. The deposit is NOT applied toward rent; however, it is fully refundable within seven (7) days of departure, provided the following provisions are met.
a. No damage is done to the home or its contents, beyond normal wear and tear.
b. No charges are incurred due to contraband, pets or collection of rents or services rendered during the stay.
c. All debris, rubbish and discards are placed in refuse containers outside and soiled dishes
are placed in the dishwasher and cleaned.
d. All keys are returned and home is left locked.
e. All charges accrued during the stay are paid prior to departure (including early check-in or
late check-out charges).
f. No linens are lost or damaged.
g. No evidence of smoking or pets is found in the cabin.
5. PAYMENT – An advance payment equal to 50% of the rental rate (inclusive of taxes) is required
to confirm the reservation and must be received at least thirty (30) days prior to check-in. This
advance payment will be applied toward the rent. Please make payments in the form of bank
money orders, cashiers checks or personal checks payable to Whitehead Corner, LLC. This
advance payment is not a damage deposit. The BALANCE OF RENT and the SECURITY
DEPOSIT are due no later than three (3) weeks before your arrival date.
6. CANCELLATIONS – A sixty (60) day notice is required for cancellation. Cancellations that are
made more than sixty (60) days prior to the arrival date will incur no penalty. Cancellations or
changes made at least thirty (30) days from arrival date will receive a fifty (50%) percent refund
for unused days. Cancellations or changes made less than thirty (30) days in advance of arrival
forfeit the full payment. Early departure does not warrant any refund of rent or deposit.
7. MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY- The maximum number of guests in this home is limited to twenty-two
(22) persons unless approved in writing in advance.
8. THIS PROPERTY REQUIRES a three (3) night minimum stay, four (4) night minimum
during peak and holiday seasons.
9. INCLUSIVE FEES – Rates include a one-time linen-towel setup. Amenity fees are included in the
10. NO DAILY MAID SERVICE – While linens and bath towels are included with the home, daily
maid service is not included in the rental rate. However, the home does include laundry facilities
that guests can use during their stay.
11. RATE CHANGES – Rates subject to change without notice. Once your reservation is confirmed
in writing, your rate will not change.
12. AGE – Party reserving the cabin must be at least 25 years of age.
13. FALSIFIED RESERVATIONS – Any reservation obtained under false pretense will be subject to
forfeiture of advance payment, deposit and/or rental money, and the party will not be permitted to
14. WRITTEN EXCEPTIONS – Any exceptions to the above mentioned policies must be approved in
writing in advance.
15. ENTRY AND INSPECTION – Owner and/or Agent will have the right to enter the premises a) in case of
an emergency, b) to make necessary or agreed repairs, decorations, alterations, improvements, supply
necessary or agreed services, show the premises to prospective or actual workmen or contractors, c) when Renter has abandoned or surrendered the premises. Except under a. and c. entry may be made only during normal business hours and with at least twenty-four (24) hours prior notice to Renter.
16. PARKING – The home has three (3) parking spaces on 100W and an additional two (2) – three
(3) cars can be parked in the driveway. Any illegally parked cars are subject to towing;
applicable fines/towing fees and is the sole responsibility of the vehicle owner.
17. ASSIGNMENT – RENTER may not let, sublet or assign this Contract for all or any part of the premises.
RENTER assumes full responsibility for fulfilling the terms of the Contract for the period stated and
assures the OWNER AND/OR AGENT full recourse for the payment of any amount outstanding from the
total amount due in accordance with the terms as stated above including any outstanding or unpaid charges that are the responsibility of the RENTER
18. ALTERATIONS – RENTER agrees that he/she shall not paint or make alterations to the property,
including changing existing locks or adding new ones. RENTER agrees that RENTER is solely
responsible for RENTER’S personal contents within the unit. RENTER may obtain renters insurance at
RENTER’s own expense.
19. HOUSE RULES – All guests agree to abide by the HOUSE RULES in the amendment to this
20. TRAVEL INSURANCE – Travel Coverage and Protection is recommended as we do not provide any
refund for unforeseen or unfortunate events or any cancellations falling outside the cancellation policy in
section 6. Some credit card companies provide travel protection as a benefit. Check your benefits.
Consider purchasing additional appropriate Coverage.
21. INDEMNIFICATION – The home owner is not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness
that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. RENTER agrees to indemnify and hold OWNER
AND/OR AGENT harmless from all liability, loss or damage arising from any nuisance or harm made or
suffered on the premises by the RENTER, tenants, or guests or from any carelessness, neglect, or improper
conduct of any persons entering, occupying or visiting the premises. Renter is aware that the property has
stairs and will hold Owner and/or his/her Agent harmless from any claims for damages, no matter how
22. RESOLUTION – In the event that any action shall be commenced by either party arising out of or
concerning this contract or any right or obligation derived there from, the prevailing party shall be entitled to receive attorney’s fees as fixed by the Court in addition to all relief at law or equity. Either party may terminate this Contract in the event of a violation of any provision of this Contract by the other party in the manner and as provided by law. Both parties agree to the use of electronic communications in the place of written communications, and to accept electronic communications as binding.